This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
I’ve come a long way since publishing one of my first posts “Why I Started A Family Travel Blog”. Now 7 months into my blogging journey, I have fallen in love with writing and in engaging with my new and returning readers on all things family travel! Consequently, I am very happy to share that I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award; an honor that truly brought sunshine into my day!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers whom they feel display positivity, creativity, and sunshine via their blog. In my opinion, it is a high honor to be recognized by your colleagues and peers – so, for me, by my fellow travel blogging partners!
Questions that I was asked for the award nomination
How would you describe your blog to a person that has never visited it before?
- My motto at Travel With A Plan is to encourage and help others, “Travel with a plan. Not regret.” In order to do so, I share years worth of practical family travel tips, reviews, and itineraries that work for families. I like to think that at Travel With A Plan, I help take the work out of travel planning so that you don’t have to.
What was the inspiration for you to start your blog?
- I decided to start a travel blog because I did not want the countless hours of research and planning that I put into our own personal family vacations to go to waste. When I look back on our travels and realize that an itinerary, travel product, or travel tip truly helped make for a fun and hassle-free trip, I wanted a way to share those successes with others (so that you too can go on to make the same amazing memories)! I decided to do so in the form of starting a travel blog!
What do you do to take care of yourself?
- I love spending time with my family and friends, as well as summer weekends at our lake cabin. A strong faith and relationship with God keeps me grounded and helps me to keep the important things in life in perspective. I also rely on the bookends of my day; coffee in the morning and a glass of wine at night.
What is your favorite season and why?
- Fall is by far my favorite season! I love the fall foliage and chilly air! Fall calls for dressing in fun layers, sitting around campfires, raking leaves, and celebrating both Halloween and Thanksgiving…two of my favorites!
If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
- I currently love living in Minnesota for its proximity to both of my husband and I’s family. I also love the 4 distinct season that Minnesota has for there are many varied activities to do together while raising a family. Eventually, I would love to live in a warmer U.S. state such as California or Florida.
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- My favorite thing about blogging is realizing what fuels my passion for creating content. Reflecting on the amazing benefits of traveling together as a family (and wanting to share those with others) is a passion and drive that I just can’t contain.
What has been the biggest challenge in maintaining a successful blog?
- The biggest challenge in maintaining a successful blog for me has been balancing my love for blogging with my other full-time job. I am so dedicated and passionate about Travel With A Plan, but I also work full-time outside of the home. It can be difficult finding the time to stay engaged with social media and to write as many posts as I would like.
Mountains or beach?
- Definitely beach! The sight, sound, and smell of the ocean
givesme an overwhelming sense of calm. I love the complexity of the ocean as well as the amazing sea animals that call it home. My favorite day is definitely a ‘beach day’!
What are the most important things you hope to pass on to your readers?
- I pride myself
inproviding ‘practical’ family travel tips and in detailing actual itineraries that I have tried on my own. I hope to pass on these tips for those that many not have the time or the know-how to plan these types of things on their own.
What is your favorite post that you created? Why?
- My favorite posts that I have created are my Disney World itinerary posts. A Disney vacation has so many variables, and there is literally so much information online to dig through if you are looking for tips and advice. I feel that my Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot itinerary posts provide all of the information that anyone would ever need in terms of touring the parks in one day.
Do you consider yourself an introvert or
- That’s a hard one. I’m definitely a bit of both. I enjoy traveling and meeting new people as well as spending time socializing away from home. I, however, am recharged when spending time by myself. My ‘alone time’ is absolutely essential to my mental health and overall happiness. I would also rather spend time in a small group of friends, versus a large group of people.
Rules for the award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and
linkback to their blog.
- Answer the same 11 questions that the nominating blogger answered, or create a few new questions.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and have them answer the 11 same or similar questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Amber at Mom Abroad
- Julie at More than Main Street
- Lauren at Where the Wild Kids Wander
- Amy at Two Little Pandas
- Diana at Traveling in Heels
- Alex at Travel Hacking Mom
- Mandy at Manda J
- Maggie at Milana’s Travels
- Stephanie at Consistently Curious
*Before leaving, be sure to check our Travel Resources Page to find our exclusive travel discounts and to book hotels, rental cars, and guided tours.*