This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Perhaps you’re wondering whether or not you should choose to stay at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake during your upcoming visit to northwest Montana.
After all, with dozens of other hotels, lodges, and vacation homes to choose from (many of which are less expensive), why pick The Lodge at Whitefish Lake?
In this article, we’ll give you the inside scoop on the 7 perks that make staying at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake undeniably worth it!
Whether it be during the summer or winter months, staying at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is a decision you won’t regret!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. For more info, see disclosure.
7 Reasons to Stay at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Located 1.6 miles from downtown Whitefish, Montana, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is a large family-friendly, lodge-style resort.
The only Four Diamond resort found in Montana, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake provides fantastic accommodations for your Glacier National Park itinerary or for any other outdoor or skiing adventure.
At The Lodge, its rustic-chic deluxe accommodations are accompanied by an upscale restaurant with regular live music, a waterfront tiki bar, and a spa with massage services.
Along with a state-of-the-art fitness center, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is also home to two swimming pools, hot tubs, and a swimming beach.
Overnight boat slips, pontoon, waterski, and paddleboard rentals are also available at their onsite marina.
1. Beautiful Lakefront Location
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake has the most beautiful location of any of the hotels in Whitefish, MT.
That’s because it’s located on the shores of the amazing Whitefish Lake (formed from a melting glacier!).
This pristine glacial lake is surrounded by mountains and provides for incredible views, as well as direct access to boating, swimming, and watersports.
As one of the best things to do in Whitefish, experiencing the beauty and splendor of Whitefish Lake is a vacation experience like no other!
Additional planning tip: The Lodge is conveniently located only 5-minutes from downtown Whitefish, 10-minutes from the ski slopes of the Whitefish Mountain Resort, and less than a 30-minute drive to Glacier National Park.
The Lodge offers scheduled ski shuttle service to and from Whitefish Mountain Resort. They also offer hourly shuttle service to their sister property, The Firebrand Hotel & Restaurant (located in downtown Whitefish).
2. Welcoming Ambiance and Mountain-Chic Decor
When you’re lucky enough to be visiting Montana, there’s nothing better than staying at a hotel that features the classic, rustic-chic decor that makes Montana feel like Montana.
The welcoming ambiance at The Lodge begins as you pull up to the front doors and are greeted by a huge gas-burning fireplace on the exterior of the hotel.
The huge rustic chandeliers, tile floors, warm colors, and giant leather furniture pieces in the lobby speak of both comfort and class.
With exposed beams, gigantic decks, and beautiful landscaping, the lodge-like style here is a perfect cross between rustic and luxurious.
3. Multiple Accommodation Options
Another popular reason to stay at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is because of the multiple lodging options that are available onsite.
In order to accommodate different group sizes and price points, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake offers accommodations in:
- The Main Lodge
- The Viking Lodge
- The Lakefront Condominimums
- Luxury vacation homes (Luxury Homes by The Lodge)
The Main Lodge offers studio suites, one-bedroom suites, standard rooms, and the two-bedroom Flathead Suite. It is home to the main lobby, restaurants, and spa, and is very close to the seasonal outdoor pool.
There are limited lakefront accommodations in The Main Lodge, so be sure to ask for a lakefront suite if you’d like to enjoy views of Whitefish Lake from your room.
The Viking Lodge is located across the street and connected via a sky bridge to the Main Lodge.
It is home to classic hotel-style accommodations as well as houses the Viking Falls indoor pool & hot tub and 1,200 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center.
The Lakefront Condos are spacious 2-6 bedroom units with a full kitchen, living, and dining room.
Each of the condos has a private patio or balcony with a BBQ grill and seating, as well as a guaranteed lakefront location.
Finally, the Luxury Homes by The Lodge are fully-furnished mountain homes located a few minutes’ walk from The Lodge at Whitefish Lake.
The 10 lodge-maintained vacation homes include access to all resort amenities, including the lakefront and marina, pools and hot tubs, fitness center, shuttle service, concierge, and more.
4. Awesome Onsite Restaurants
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake offers several convenient dining experiences that make staying here a delight!
Restaurants at The Lodge include:
- The Boat Club Dining Room: The only upscale restaurant on Whitefish Lake! Serves breakfast and dinner that features steaks and seafood. Reservations recommended.
- The Boat Club Bar: As one of the best restaurants in Whitefish, we love the huge outdoor patio here that overlooks the pool and lake! Full-service bar, casual lunch and dinner, and live music three nights a week.
- Tiki Bar & Grill: Awesome waterfront location with plenty of shade umbrellas! Laid-back atmosphere, blended drinks, live music Thursday evenings in the summer months.
- Coffee Dock Cafe: Located in the lobby of the Main Lodge. Offers specialty coffees, smoothies, housemade pastries, and grab-and-go breakfast and lunch items.
Check here for hours of operation at each of the restaurants at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, as well as to find out daily dinner features and live music schedules.
5. Convenient Location to Glacier National Park
Towering mountains, epic hikes, and cascading waterfalls….
One can’t mention the reasons to stay at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake without taking note of its intimately close proximity to one of the world’s most beautiful National Parks.
Located only 27 miles from the West Entrance, The Lodge is a popular home base for those looking to drive the famous Going-to-the-Sun Road or experience Glacier National Park’s other natural wonders.
Be sure to check out the many opportunities for hiking, biking, camping, whitewater rafting, and horseback riding, within the park.
6. Indoor and Outdoor Pools and Spas
To cater to all seasons and crowd levels, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake features both a huge indoor and outdoor pool as well as a large indoor and outdoor hot tub.
The Lakefront Pool & Hot Tub features padded lounge chairs, plenty of shade umbrellas, complimentary towels, pool-side service, and beautiful views of Whitefish Lake.
During the summer months, the Lakefront Pool & Hot Tub is bustling with fun and activity making it a place that you’ll want to hang out at for hours!
(Though the pool is only open seasonally, the outdoor hot tub can be enjoyed all winter long!)
The Viking Falls Pool & Hot Tub is located indoors and features a rock wall (but you can’t climb on it!) and a small waterfall.
Though there is not as much seating in the indoor pool area, there are complimentary towels, restrooms, and a large-screen TV area adjacent to the pool.
7. Fun Daily Activities
One of the best things about staying at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is the daily activities that are available.
In true resort fashion, a daily schedule of activities is posted in the main lobby and is available for guests to view at the start of each new day.
Daily activities include:
- Complimentary bike riding
- Outdoor yoga classes – including SUP yoga
- Guided paddle board and kayak tours ($$)
- Paddle Craft Twilight Tours ($$)
- A “Nightly Refresher” (Complimentary glass of champagne in the lobby each night)
- “S’mores Outdoors” (S’more supplies provided at the front desk – outdoor firepit available)
- “Montana Movies” (classic family-friendly moveis shown each night)
Though I didn’t have a chance to visit there, The Spa at Whitefish Lake offers spa services. including therapeutic massage, waxing, and custom facials.
They cater to both singles and couples.
Other Places to Stay in Whitefish, Montana
Whitefish offers a surprisingly huge selection of unique lodges, inns, hotels, guest ranches, condos, and VRBO & Airbnb vacation rentals.
Your final selection will come down to availability and how much you want to spend.
If The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is unavailable or doesn’t fit your needs, here are some other great selections on places to stay in Whitefish:
- Grouse Mountain Lodge: Convenient location close to downtown, pool and huge outdoor hot tub, onsite restaurant (Read our full review of Grouse Mountain Lodge here!)
- Firebrand Hotel: Located downtonw, trendy, onsite bar and restaurant, rooftop hot tub and patio
- Hampton Inn and Suites Whitefish: Hotel chain amenities, free hot breakfast, saltwater pool
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Whitefish: Hotel chain amenities, kitchens, free breakfast, outdoor pool, pet-friendly
- Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge: Hotel chaim amentiies, free hot breakfast, outdoor heated pool and hot tub
If you liked reading our review on the Lodge at Whitefish Lake, let us help continue to plan your getaway to Whitefish, Montana and Glacier National Park:
- 11 Best Things to do in Whitefish, Montana
- Best Restaurants in Whitefish, Montana (For Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Our Grouse Mountain Lodge Review
Glacier National Park
- Top 10 (No Fail!) Tips for Planning A Family Road Trip
- Family Road Trip Packing List Printable
- Top 16 Tips for Effortless Flying with Kids
- Family Vacation Packing Tips: How to Pack Like A Pro
*Before leaving, be sure to check our Travel Resources Page to find exclusive travel discounts and to book hotels, rental cars, and guided tours.*